Under the supervision of Clinical Officer, the dispenser will be responsible for dispensing and advising patients on proper use and storage of medicines. He/she will be expected to work within the heath facility, health posts and community in the NUHI supported health facilities’ catchment population and collaborate with the integrated community health program to implement project activities. She/he will spend approximately 80% of his/her time in the field both at the health facility, health posts and in the community.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Planning for dispensing activities in the hospital
• Registering all medicines given to patients
• Advising patients and attendants on proper use and storage of medicines
• Advising Clinicians and other Health Professionals on prescriptions
• Making requisitions for medicines and health supplies from stores
• Assisting in the Preparation of quality compounded medicines and infusions
• Reporting expired and damaged medicines;
• Compiling and submitting reports; and
• Participating in research activities
Person Specifications Qualifications
• Must have a Diploma in Pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
Job application procedure
Send CV and Cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for to: The HR and Administration Manager, NUHI, Email to[email protected](The Human Resource and Administration Department, NUHI)
Deadline: August 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merit, qualified female candidates and members of the community who meet the job requirements are strongly encouraged to apply
NUHI is an equal opportunity Employer, positions open to Ugandan Nationals only.