Former Presidential candidate Robert Kyagulanyi will today Friday address Ugandans for the first time after last week’s presidential elections which he lost to the incumbent president Museveni
“Greetings fellow Ugandans. Today at 5pm, I will be addressing you live here on Facebook,” Bobi Wine Posted on Facebook page.
Bobi Wine is expected to speak about his next course of action after he disputed the election results that saw President Yoweri Museveni declared winner for a sixth term in office.
“I take this painful, but inevitable leadership decision of urging you to desist from any form of violence as we prepare to challenge the election outcome and its glaring imperfections through the courts of law for the sake of our long-term victory and for Uganda,” Bobi Wine said last Sunday.
Following the January, 14 election, security put Bobi Wine’s home under siege and up to date, he is still kept indoors. He was the closest challenger of President Museveni in the just concluded general elections.
The police spokesperson, Fred Enanga on Monday said the siege at Bobi Wine’s home will continue for an unspecified period of time as a way of preventing any form of violence that he said is being planned by certain individuals and groups of people.
“There have been information of certain political parties and certain individuals coming up with plan B to instigate riots in protest of outcome of elections. That’s why we have maintained a security cover around Kasangati and Magere, including the home of hon. Kyagulanyi,” Enanga said.
“Hon Kyagulanyi is not under house arrest and his lawyers can visit him.”