- June 4, 2021
- No Comment
Covid-19- Alarm: Uganda Registers 1,247 New Covid-19 Cases As Total Number Escalates To 51,006 Cases
The announcement brings the cumulative confirmed cases to 51,006.
The breakdown of the new cases are: 1,247 contacts and Alerts:Kampala (812) Wakiso (113) Luwero (58) Mbarara (38) Gulu (36) Masaka (22) Jinja (17) Mbale (13) Nebbi (11) Buikwe (10) Masindi (10) Dokolo (10) Kalungu (9) Nabitaluk (8) Arua (6) Lira (6) Yumbe (5) Kasese (4), Sironko (4) Hoima (4) Mayuge (3) Nakaseke (3) Bunyangabu (3) Kayunga (3) Bushenyi (3) Lyantonde (3) Moyo (3) Butaleja (3) Apac (3) Buvuma (2) Kabarole (2) Maracha (2) Kiboga (1) Kiruhura (2) Kamuli (2) Kyegegwa (1) Omoro (2) Kyenjojo (1) Kiryandongo (1) Oyam (1) Buliisa (1) Nakasongora (1) Kamwenge (1) Kumi (1) Kyotera (2).
- Full Address: Here is What You Missed At Museveni’s State Of Nation Address
- Government Orders Schools Not To Open For New Term As New Covid-19 Cases Escalate
- COVID-19 Crisis At Mulago Hospital Runs Out Of Hand- Ministry Of Health Confirms
- Covid-19 Crisis Hits Prisons As 20 Female Inmates Test Covid-19 Positive
- Joe Biden Offers Free Beers, Childcare In Exchange To Get Americans Vaccinated Against Covid-19
The global tally of COVID-19 cases climbed above 172 million on Friday, a day after the World Health Organization warned of a potential third wave in Africa with cases in the last two weeks up 20% from the previous fortnight.
Cases are climbing in 14 countries and in the past week alone, eight countries experienced a 30% increase in cases. South Africa is reporting a sustained increase in cases, while Uganda saw a 131% increase last week, driven by clusters in schools, rising cases among healthcare workers and intensive care units rapidly filling.