- October 4, 2020
- 1 Comment
- 4 minutes read
Football At The Moment Is Just Bonkers! Liverpool Fell To A Humiliating Defeat At The Hands Of Aston Villa
Ollie Watkins picks up the match ball and tucks it under his arm. A dream day for Ollie Watkins and Aston Villa, who put SEVEN goals past champions Liverpool. He’s scored a hat-trick against the current Premier League champions.
Liverpool are the first top flight reigning champions to concede seven goals in a league match since Arsenal in September 1953 against Sunderland, who lost 7-1.
Jurgen Klopp watched his side get beaten and embarrassed by last season’s relegation battlers as Liverpool endured a nightmare evening to suffer their heaviest Premier League loss ever. Liverpool fell to a humiliating defeat at the hands of Aston Villa as an Ollie Watkins hat-trick stunned the reigning Premier League champions.
After going 27 games unbeaten on the way to the title last season, Jurgen Klopp’s men have a cross against their name after only their fourth match – and in demoralising fashion.
It took just four minutes for them to fall behind, as goalkeeper Adrian’s mistake gifted Ollie Watkins a goal via Jack Grealish’s assist.
Watkins then fired his second soon after, cutting inside Joe Gomez and finding the top corner with a superb finish.
Mohamed Salah halved the deficit, but Villa’s advantage was immediately restored as John McGinn’s deflected volley found a way in, before Watkins headed in for his hat-trick.
Ross Barkley then made it five as his effort cannoned off a Reds player and over Adrian, before Grealish added two more, with Salah’s strike in between nothing more than a consolation.
What now for Villa? With a performance like this and three wins from three their thoughts will be a lot, lot higher than a relegation battle.
Results for Sundays Premier matches
- Aston Villa 7 (SEVEN)-2 Liverpool
- Watkins hat-trick, Greealish double. plus McGinn & Barkley goals for Villa; Salah brace for rocked champions
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs -Fernandes penalty after two minutes cancelled out by Ndombele in fourth minute followed by Son’s seventh-minute goal
- Martial sent off for tame slap on Lamela, Kane (2), Son & Aurier add four more goals
- Arsenal 2-1 Sheff Utd – Quickfire goals from Saka and Pepe, McGoldrick
- Wolves 1-0 Fulham – Neto rifles in winner
- Leicester 0-3 West Ham – Antonio nods in Cresswell cross, Fornal collects and finishes long ball before teeing up Bowen
- Southampton 2-0 West Brom – Djenepo twists and finishes, Romeu’s leaping volley for second
[…] https://echonewsug.com/football-at-the-moment-is-just-bonkers-liverpool-fell-to-a-humiliating-defeat… […]