President Museveni has relaxed on the lockdown the lockdown measures with boda bodas, arcades allowed to operate.
According to reports, the president was advised to partially reopen the economy but with strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and the measures in place include the following.
- Boda bodas be allowed to carry only one passenger and stop at they stop working at 6pm whereas other public transport means like taxis and buses will also resume and move across districts but carry passengers at half capacity.
- private cars will also be allowed to resume with three passengers whereas bars, schools, churches, and mosques are still closed and the curfew will remain at 7:pm up to 5:30am.
- The arcades will be allowed to open but following Standard Operating Procedures whereas bars will remain closed.
- Museveni further noted that chidren between 12-18 years will also be included in the vaccination plan.
- Malls, arcades are opened but their corridors must be cleared
- Burials should not exceed 20.
- Churches remains closed.
- Outdoor sports events are allowed but indoor remain closed.
- Gaming & betting remain closed.
- Artists and comedians to perform virtually.
- Bars remain closed.
- Restaurants remain open.
- In and Outside movements through Entebbe Airport remain open.
- Public transport allowed at only 50% from Monday 2nd of August of 2021.
According to the Ministry of Health, results for tests done on July, 28, Uganda registered 393 new Covid cases to take the number to 93675 cumulative cases whereas 23 new deaths put the cumulative number at 2661.
A total of 81992 Covid patients have fully recovered since March 2020 when Uganda registered its first Covid case.