- August 30, 2021
- No Comment
Panic In Masaka as Machete Assailants drop ‘warning letters’ threatening to ‘chop off 20 heads’
Security forces in the Masaka sub-region are still puzzled by the rampant killings by panga-wielding assailants that have so far claimed 25 residents in a period of one month.
While security is still trying to establish the motive of the rampant bijambiya killings in Masaka, the attackers are continuing to notify people of the area that they are going to raid again.
In one of the (letters) making rounds on social media, the panga wielding gang is threatening to attack Kabwami village and claim 20 ‘heads.’
Fred Bamwine, Resident District Commissioner-RDC revealed that some of the dropped letters are demanding for money.
“Yesterday night, they dropped letters (Ebibaluwa), and these letters stated that; If you are willing to give us relief package send the money to the number below. When we checked these numbers, they belong to area leaders,” Bamwine said.
He explained that they have met several Masaka leaders and given them security tips.
“We have put patrols in place and gave ourselves a target that we shall always be at the crime scene in less than 10 minutes after any crime incident has happened,” he said.
As of yesterday, 25 people had been hacked to death in less than a month by the machete gang. The insecurity has forced some of the residents have started migrating to safer areas.
Internal Affairs Minister Gen David Muhoozi and other security and gocerment officials are expected in the area today.