- June 6, 2021
- No Comment
Full Address: Museveni Issues New Stringent Covid-19 Measures, Schools, Churches, Mosques Closed For 42 Days
By Echonews Admin
Kampala: President Yoweri Museveni in his address on Covid-19 has directed all schools and institutions of higher learning to close for a period of 42 days effective 7th June 2021 (tomorrow) following a resurgence in the Coronavirus pandemic.
“As guided by the task force, schools should therefore close with effect from June 7th 8:00 AM” President Museveni said
“When we closed schools last year 15 million learners were safe, but after we re-opened, you can now see what has happened” he also said, in part.
The new guidelines put in place by the president together with the ministry of health include the following;
1. Schools closed for 42 days effective tomorrow
2. Churches, mosques, and open-air worship closed for 42 days
3. All teachers to get vaccinated before returning to school
4. Public, cultural gatherings and conferences suspended for 42 days
5. Travel from category A countries remain suspended except for returning Ugandans
6. Agriculture activities like cultivating and ploughing gardens and fishing to continue. COVID-19 flouters to be fined for violating SOPs.
7. Factory, construction, shopping Malls, taxi parks, remain open but must observe strict SOPs.
8. Parties, marriage ceremonies allowed only 20 people under strict SOPs
9. House parties, strictly banned
10. Burials not exceed 20 people
11. Weekly markets suspended for 42 days
12. Cattle markets also suspended
13. Public transport, Boda, taxi, buses inter-districts suspended from 10th June (except Kampala Wakiso Mukono)
14. Cargo trucks exempted, tourist vehicles
15. Public transport within the same district is allowed with strict observance of SOPs
16. Cinemas, clubs, concerts closed
17. Sports to continue without spectators
18. All public places to maintain SOPs
19. Encourage people to work from home, and revert to 30% presence in workplaces for 42 days
20. Businesses to close by 7 pm, the exception is given to pharmacies which can operate up to 9 pm