Queen Holds Emergency Meeting With Prince Charles After Harry, Meghan’s Interview With Oprah Winfrey

Views: 24
Queen Holds Emergency Meeting With Prince Charles After Harry, Meghan's Interview With Oprah Winfrey
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Buckingham Palace has been paralyzed with ‘horror and dismay as Prince Harry stands accused of ‘blowing up his family’ with his bombshell interview – with the Queen said to have refused to sign off on a statement.

The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William were all locked in crisis talks over how to react to a string of incendiary accusations unleashed by Harry and wife Meghan during a two-hour special with Oprah Winfrey on American TV. With pressure growing for a statement today, Palace insiders described a mood of ‘intense personal shock and sadness’ that the prince had pressed the ‘nuclear button on his own family’. ‘People are just reeling,’ a source said.

The couple’s interview on CBS late on Sunday night sent shock waves around the world yesterday as the couple laid bare the extent of their rift with the Queen and other senior royals. They accused an unnamed Royal Family member of racism, suggesting the relative had asked ‘how dark’ their baby would be; said they had been driven out of Britain, in part, by racism; and accused the Palace machinery of failing to support a ‘suicidal’ Meghan.

Harry revealed an astonishing rift with his father, saying his family had cut him off financially while suggesting the Queen had been badly advised and had canceled a meeting scheduled at Sandringham. Meghan also accused her sister-in-law Kate of making her cry; suggested senior royals plotted to ensure Archie would never have a title or adequate security; and said officials had failed to stand up for the couple against ‘racist’ commentary while lying to protect other royals.

A statement is understood to have been prepared by Buckingham Palace highlighting the Royal Family’s love for the couple, in an attempt to avoid tensions mounting even further. However the Queen was keen not to rush it out without careful consideration overnight, it was reported Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha has slammed the royal’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, saying ‘the truth was totally ignored and omitted’ while providing photos and documents to disprove each of the Duchess of Sussex’s claims about her.

The 56-year-old also admitted that she has no sympathy for Meghan, 39, who revealed during the shocking interview that she battled suicidal thoughts during her time as a royal – instead of accusing the Duchess of using her ‘depression as an excuse for treating people like dishrags’.

In newly-released footage from Prince Harry and Meghan’s explosive CBS interview, the pregnant Duchess of Sussex told Oprah, 67, that Samantha ‘doesn’t know’ her, claiming she was raised as an only child’ – but her half-sister has now insisted that couldn’t be further from the truth. ‘I don’t know how she can say I don’t know her and she was an only child. We’ve got photographs over a lifespan of us together. So how can she not know me?’ she revealed while sharing images of the two women together at different stages throughout their lives – most recently in 2008, just 13 years ago.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on reddit
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Search

Latest News

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.