Uganda has registered 1,566 new COVID-19 cases today and the cumulative confirmed cases now stand at 58,515.
Yesterday the ministry reported a record of 1,438 new Covid-19 cases which shows an increase despite the lockdown measures.
The breakdown of the new cases are; 1,566 contacts and Alerts: Kampala (998) Wakiso (135) Luwero (105) Masaka (68) Mbarara (37) Arua (24) Tororo (26) Mukono (18) Budaka (15) Gulu (14) Nebbi (13) Busia (10) Kiryandongo (9) Jinja (8) Zombo (8) Yumbe (8) Kisoro (7) Kaliro (6).
- Premier Recruitment Announces Jobs For Construction Assistants To Work In Qatar
- District Headquarters Closed After 70 Staff Members Test Covid-19 Positive
- Senior Police Officer Succumbs To Covid-19 As Cases Continue Soaring In Kampala
- Mystery Surrounds Woman Who Gave Birth To 10 Babies
- Government Vows To Arrest RDCs Issuing Illegal Travel Permits As Inter-district Travel Ban Takes New Twist
- Cold, Flu Or COVID-19? Here’s How To Tell The Difference
- Entebbe International Airport Issues New Stringent Covid-19 Measures For Arriving, Departing Travellers
Others are; Buliisa (6) Hoima (5) Mbale (5) Amuru (6) Kabarole (4) Namisindwa (3) Kitgum (5) Isingiro (3) Rakai (3) Omoro (4) Lamwo (2) Rukungiri (2) Koboko (1) Rukiga (1) Katakwi (1) Karenga (1) Ntungamo (1) Moyo (2) Mityana (1) Kyankwanzi (1) Kyotera (1).
The ministry has called upon the public not to take testing positive for COVID-19 a secret as those that test positive should tell their contacts and be able to take precautions.
“Hiding your positive result can lead to the loss of your near and dear ones,” says the ministry.