Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive authorized staff, volunteers, delegates and visitors to and from various locations as per organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Safely drive URCS fleet vehicles for the transport of passengers and cargo as instructed and ensure that all occupants of the vehicle are wearing safety belts.
- Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical condition at all times and in line with URCS Policies.
- Pick, deliver and account for all correspondences (mails, messages, parcels, etc.) in line with instructions and office practice.
- Plan and budget for the vehicle and provide other logistical support and prepare periodic accountabilities.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes, and internally agreed standards. Understand and obey all applicable traffic signs, rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from a recognized institution in Uganda.
- Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable)
- At least 5 years’ experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization.
- Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles.
- Defensive driving skills
- Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
How to Apply:
Please send your filled application form, Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates, filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 23rdAugust 2021 at 5:00pm