- August 19, 2021
- No Comment
You don’t need years of experience to get employed: Join Victoria university& acquire hands-on skills with job guarantees
Victoria University Kampala (VU), Uganda’s top leading private university does not only look at educating their students but also securing their future with job guarantees when they are done with their studies.
In the new era of digital learning and employment, Victoria University is empowering students to embrace online classes, examinations, and jobs with hands-on skills that enable job creators and great thinkers.
The employment world in Uganda today has greatly changed that for any potential candidate to fill up vacant positions in the labor market, a minimum of at least 2-3 years of experience besides their much-fitting academic qualifications is a MUST and that’s where victoria university comes in to address the challenge of inadequate experience.
On average, a university student spends about 3 -4 years on a degree program, of which only 8 months are work-based (during the internship), yet the other years are spent on classroom-based learning, which contributes a minimal figure of what is needed in the real job market.
In a bid to address this dilemma, Victoria University Kampala has come up with different initiatives including The VU Success Formula”, aka“The VU Employability Formula,” is a system that emerged after more than 20 years of research, adopted and helped most European countries among others as a tool to curb unemployment.
Victoria University has a couple of faculties where you choose from among them including;
- Faculty of Business and Management
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Petroleum and Energy Studies
The university also has a couple of undergraduate courses among them including;
Faculty of Business and Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – 3 years
- Bachelor of Banking and Finance – 3 years
- Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management – 3 years
- Bachelor of International Business – 3 years
- Bachelor of Science in Oil and Gas Accounting – 3 years
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics – 2 years
- Diploma in Banking and Finance – 2 years
- Diploma in Business Administration – 2 years
- Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality – 2 years
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science – 3 years
- Bachelor of Business in Information Systems – 3 years
- Bachelor of Information Technology – 3 years
- Diploma in Business Information Systems – 2 years
- Diploma in Information Technology – 2 years
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Public Administration and Management – 3 years
- Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration – 3 years
- Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies – 3 years
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management – 3 years
- Bachelor of International Relations and Diplomatic Studies – 3 years
- Foundation Programme
- Higher Education Certificate in Biological Science
Faculty of Health of Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health – Full Time: 4 years
- Bachelor of Environmental Health – 3 years
- Bachelor of Nursing Science – 4 years
- Bachelor of Midwifery Science – 3 years
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics – 4 years.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Public Administration and Management (MA-PAM).